St Olaves 2nd test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousnelly

St Olaves 2nd test

Post by nervousnelly »

Are we allowed to discuss how our children found the 2nd test yet, or are we simply torturing ourselves at this point??
grgygirl

Re: St Olaves 2nd test

Post by grgygirl »

I think it should be ok - unlikely to be any late sitters now!
I heard there were several very hard maths questions - GCSE standard. The English comp and writing task not so onerous.
nervousnelly

Post by nervousnelly »

My DS is worried about the writing piece....he thought the rest was tough but okay, but worried he may have misread what was asked for in the essay.

I read somewhere that St O's do not even mark the essay unless the result of the maths and comp are over a certain level. I wonder if that is true?

I also wonder how they will combine the SET and 2nd test results. Any insights?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

nervousnelly wrote:My DS is worried about the writing piece....he thought the rest was tough but okay, but worried he may have misread what was asked for in the essay.

I read somewhere that St O's do not even mark the essay unless the result of the maths and comp are over a certain level. I wonder if that is true?

I also wonder how they will combine the SET and 2nd test results. Any insights?
http://www.saintolaves.net/applicationpackyear7

Look under 'Arrangements for Admissions'; it reads as if they standardise the second stage scores and add them to the SET scores.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
nervousnelly

Post by nervousnelly »

Does that mean that the SET 1 and second test have equal weighting? I wouldn't have thought so, but that is the suggestion isn't it?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now