St Olave's to run mock tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nervousnelly

Re: St Olave's to run mock tests

Post by nervousnelly »

I agree with Kenyancowgirl. Also, the reason is the mock is only one hour long is because the Stage 1 St Olave's test is only one hour long! Irrespective of whether you think that is an adequate length of test to judge a child's ability on isn't really relevant - that is the basis that St Olave's decides whether a child should go to the 2nd stage or not.

If the mock had been available last year, I would have signed my son up for it. I would have thought that St Olave's would be actively supporting this project, not only because of the money raised, but because we all know children that have been made to sit for St Olave's even though they realistically wouldn't get through the 1st Stage. Maybe parents will realise this if their DS sits the mock test and they see how they compare to the competition? That would mean smaller numbers of applicants for St Olave's to deal with and less children being subjected to the stress of sitting for too many entrance tests and disappointment of "failing" what are really very difficult exams.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I doubt parents would be deterred from having their children sit the real test. This mock will welcome people from all over, not just those who will sit the test. Moreover, it will welcome girls. Do remember that the real test is used by some people as a free mock.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

In case it may be of interest to anyone - I've just seen a new post saying that Wallington boys' are also offering a mock test this year.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Having done a few mocks last year, I do feel that the PTA mocks are much better value for money than some of the companies out there.