Waiting list query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Geet

Waiting list query

Post by Geet »

Unfortunately, Ds didn't get in any of the school we choose. Now I m bit confused about the way waiting list process works. I chose school A asy first preference and I live 2 miles away and my friend chose same school as his second preference but lives 1 mile away. Who will get the higher preference from waiting list?
Plz help moderators.
Thanks
PettswoodFiona

Re: Waiting list query

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The whole idea of equal preference system is just that. The schools give each of your choices equal consideration. They don't know what order you put them in. If you meet the criteria of all the schools you will get the highest school on your CAF. Similarly if you meet the criteria for school 6, 3 & 1 you'd get school 1. If you met criteria for school 5 &4 then you'd get 4. If you meet none then you probably had unrealistic hopes about the schools you did put down (don't shoot the messenger!).

If the catchment for your school 1 is one mile then you putting it first is likely to be pointless but if your friend qualifies on distance they will get the school only if the don't qualify for their first preference school. If the catchment is 0.5 miles and neither you nor friend qualify then you can go on waiting list but it will move based on oversubscription criteria like distance and if people who want that school move closer then you then you can even go down the waiting list. Your friend on this basis would get priority over you and they are closer. Do you know all the oversubscription criteria for the school in question? It may not be distance so do investigate their admissions page.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now