Allocation Day 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
frr

Re: Allocation Day 2016

Post by frr »

Any idea how to find out where my daughter would rank on the waiting list for Newstead? She was offered a place at Newstead and scored 220, with VR 111 and NVR 109.

If others that did not get a place at Newstead can list their scores then there would be some insight for those on the waiting list.
salsa

Post by salsa »

frr wrote:Any idea how to find out where my daughter would rank on the waiting list for Newstead? She was offered a place at Newstead and scored 220, with VR 111 and NVR 109.

If others that did not get a place at Newstead can list their scores then there would be some insight for those on the waiting list.
Did you get a place at Newstead with 220?
frr

Post by frr »

frr wrote:
Any idea how to find out where my daughter would rank on the waiting list for Newstead? She was offered a place at Newstead and scored 220, with VR 111 and NVR 109.

Did you get a place at Newstead with 220?

Sorry. My mistake. I meant to say she was NOT offered a place a Newstead with a score of 220.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don't know about this year but the past few years for Newstead have been fairly consistent with a cut off of 225 on offer day going down to 219 or thereabouts by September. My gut feel is some may have been put off by a lack of Head so may not have put the school highest on their CAF so it may go lower but I also know the Bexley grammar distances have been getting smaller each year so that could counterbalance that effect for those who put a Bexley school higher but fail now on distance.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Tiffany777 wrote:We got our first choice Newstead wood !!!! Very very happy !!!!
Congratulations to your DD. See you at the welcome evening. I see they've finally taken down the 'new y7 parents' part of the website, I hope in antcipation of a new version ready for us all.
Tiffany777

Post by Tiffany777 »

Congratulations to your DD too Pettswood Fiona .
Looking forward to the welcome evening .
boardfleet

Post by boardfleet »

first choice was Olaves but didn't get it. :cry:

who do we phone to find out where he is on the waiting list?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

boardfleet wrote:first choice was Olaves but didn't get it. :cry:

It should say somewhere in the school information in the Bromley 'secondary school admissions' booklet / web pages whether the waiting list is managed by the school itself or by the LEA, I would think.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
boardfleet

Post by boardfleet »

have ticked the box to stay on the waiting list and have emailed St olave's directly.

will check the Bromley booklet too - thank you!
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

boardfleet wrote:first choice was Olaves but didn't get it. :cry:

Hi boardfleet, we're in same position, commiserations. I rang admissions at st olaves just now and they were very kind and gave me a realistic idea as to whether they thought mine was likely to get in ( they said he'd done really well, top quarter, but realistically v unlikely). I suggest ringing them. Lady was v nice as I say. I hope your son gets a place at olaves or is happy somewhere else. Xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now