Which grammar schools are easily reached from Bromley?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Which grammar schools are easily reached from Bromley?

Post by doodles »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Other schools I know Bromley children head to include the Kent grammars Dartford, The Judd and Skinners but as out of county you need high scores and some have changed their requirements recently to mean fewer out of county places. Rumours are that Weald of Kent is coming out really far this year due to extra class so keep an eye on that sort of information for your year of entry.

Do also consider the long day - a good local comp is probably better than a long day at an ok grammar.
The Skinners' school doesn't have in and out of county it's intake is purely based on score. Judd have recently introduced an inner and outer area scheme and Bromley is within the outer area.

You need to read the admissions criteria for each school but do bear in mind what PWF said about travel, it can make for a very long day especially when they have to do after school training or clubs. Then there's parents' evenings, meetings and of course where their friends will live.
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Pettswoodfiona : thank you,you are a fountain of knowledge!
And saved me a lot of time trawling through the forums!
That said, that seems to be how I spend a lot of "free" time in the evening now!
And my son is only in year 4 .....
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Doodles: thank you ! All these little titbits of information help immensely!