Coach from Catford / Bromley to Newstead wood .

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tiffany777

Coach from Catford / Bromley to Newstead wood .

Post by Tiffany777 »

Hi all, I just want to know if you know of any private coaches from catford/ Bromley to NW.
Any information would be very much appreciated .
Thanks in advance .
PettswoodFiona

Re: Coach from Catford / Bromley to Newstead wood .

Post by PettswoodFiona »

If from Catford or Bromley will the train to Orpington work for you? I know Lewis Coaches have a service to both Newstead and St Olaves but don't know their starting points.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Look at Lewis Travel and Travel2school as both serve Newstead.

The train looks very simple either from Catford or Bromley South, I'm sure that there will be lots of girls using it so don't worry about your dd being alone.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Tiffany777

Post by Tiffany777 »

Thanks so much Pettswood Fiona and Doodles .
I will try the coaches if not she can get the train to Orpington from hither green or Bromley south .

Have a lovely Easter !!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Catford-Bromley South -Orpington (ignore the c2c branding of the website, I just tend to search through our local site, but National Rail should give the same result):

https://tickets.c2c-online.co.uk/mobile ... neyDetails

The 208 bus also goes quite close to the school, by the looks of things, and would be free.

Public transport is much more flexible for attending after school activities, hanging out with friends for a bit at the end of the day, etc.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Yes as Newstead offer Twilight classes eg in Latin and Mandarin, plus sports fixtures, being able to use public transport is ideal. When DH took in the paperwork for acceptance of the place he walked and it took 35 mins - probably not ideal with a heavy bag but a good back up option as we are so close. DD has friends attending who live further up the railway line so she'll get the train at least to start with so she has friends to travel with. I've seen a lot of Newstead girls on the train or waiting at various platforms over the years and they all look happy.
Tiffany777

Post by Tiffany777 »

Thank you toad mum and pettswoodfiona.

Yes I do agree with after school activities public transport would be ideal so will go with that option.
Thank you for your replies .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now