Townley Girls Waiting List (corrected from Ridden / Tiffin)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Elevenplus2017

Re: Tiffin Girls Waiting List (corrected from Ridden)

Post by Elevenplus2017 »

It is at this point in this nonsense that we actually need the banned J50 back whose sarcastic wit would shame the poster into an incoherent outburst of cliched ridicule.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Tiffin Girls Waiting List (corrected from Ridden)

Post by kenyancowgirl »

No...I think we can honestly say we don't....
PurpleDuck

Re: Townley Girls Waiting List (corrected from Ridden / Tiff

Post by PurpleDuck »

Now I know why I haven't seen any comments by J50 for a while. Not suggesting I'm missing them, though.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Words fail me. That doesn't happen often.
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

She passed Bexley test but has no news from townley ....any idea if she will hear soon?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

it depends on whether she put the school on the CAF, whether she indicated that she wanted to be on the waiting list, which category she falls into and most likely, the distance from the school
1 Children in Public Care (Looked after children) or children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order.

(Looked after children are children who are in the care of the local authority as defined by section 22 of the Children Act 1989. A child is considered to be a looked after child for school admissions purposes only if the local authority confirms he or she will be in public care at the time of admission to school.)

2 Girls identified by the London Borough of Bexley as achieving one of the highest 180 scores in the selection tests and who apply for a place at Townley Grammar School.

3 Girls who will have a sibling attending the school at the time of application.

For this priority, sibling includes a full brother or sister, adopted brother or sister, or step/ half brother or sister living at the same address.

4 Staff Children – those students with a parent or registered guardian employed at Townley Grammar School on a permanent basis at the time of application.

5 Distance from school with priority given to pupils living nearest to the school based on the distance from home to school measured along the shortest walking route by public highway and lighted footpath considered appropriate by the London Borough of Bexley.

The distance will be measured from the front door of the home address to the pupil entrance using the Council’s computerised GIS system.

Home will be taken as the child’s home address at the time of allocation, that is the address at which the child lives with the parent or legal guardian who is also the main carer, defined as the parent eligible to receive child benefit and/or child tax credit.
Places offered for Year 7 entry September 2015 on home/school distance was 8.1 miles
In March of this year:
The cut off score this year is 215 and the mileage on the initial offers went out 8.04 miles.
From: http://www.townleygrammar.org.uk/admiss ... formation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

In previous years except last year Townley has admitted all applications by September but it is a school on the up and just recently got an Ofsted Outstanding plus the smaller catchments of other schools mean those that may have had a different preference in past years are delighted to stick with Townley. The historical trend for Townley to cater for all who applied is now therefore just that, historical. Also the distance offered by Townley is different to the other Bexley schools, it is safe walking distance rather than as the crow flies. Can't imagine what the safe walking route distance from Mile End to Townley is but Admissons at the school will be able to advise of distance and position on waiting list.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PettswoodFiona wrote:In previous years except last year Townley has admitted all applications by September but it is a school on the up and just recently got an Ofsted Outstanding plus the smaller catchments of other schools mean those that may have had a different preference in past years are delighted to stick with Townley. The historical trend for Townley to cater for all who applied is now therefore just that, historical. Also the distance offered by Townley is different to the other Bexley schools, it is safe walking distance rather than as the crow flies. Can't imagine what the safe walking route distance from Mile End to Townley is but Admissons at the school will be able to advise of distance and position on waiting list.
Something including the Greenwich Foot Tunnel, one would imagine?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Or rotherhithe tunnel.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

RoboR wrote:Or rotherhithe tunnel.
:shock:

I used to drive through the Rotherhithe Tunnel on my way to and from work (or just as often, sit for a while in stationary traffic in it and that was over twenty years ago), and I would defy anyone to describe it as part of a 'safe walking route' for a child :lol: . Apparently, though, about twenty people a day do do it on foot, according to Wikipedia. Possibly using some form of breathing apparatus.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now