Please validate my understanding

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PettswoodFiona

Re: Please validate my understanding

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I can't explain why dwisdom's friend didn't get a place at Townley but as of June this year Townley was all selective applicants were offered. They did create more places this year by increasing the class sizes so I suppose that makes sense. DD had a friend who had hoped to go to Townley who got a few points below the cut off and some years they have accepted some just below that cut off mark but she ended up taking a place in a Kent grammar as she didn't want the uncertainty. Sept 15 entry Townley went to 8.1 miles. They did do a misprint in the first edition last year and it said 1.8miles which was very odd but they quickly corrected it. The current Bexley booklet is here http://www.bexley.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1901&p=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jas8085

Post by jas8085 »

So, are Bexley schools out of our reach then?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Not out of your reach if you have a girl and Townley repeat the same of all offered again which has been the norm for the past five years except for Sept 2015 entry when it was 8.1 miles and then a scenario like that means it is most likely would have been out of your reach. Also if your DC gets a top 180 score then distance doesn't apply. Do also consider the ease of the journey, Townley has a number of private coach routes but if you are in a location without good transport to the schools or one of its coach routes it could make for a long day.
jas8085

Post by jas8085 »

PettswoodFiona wrote: Also if your DC gets a top 180 score then distance doesn't apply.
Great. Thanks Fiona!
We are happy to move home for the right school.

I found this on page 12 of Bexley Admissions booklet. Posting here for others who may find it useful.

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

jas8085 wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote: Also if your DC gets a top 180 score then distance doesn't apply.
Great. Thanks Fiona!

I found this on page 12 of Bexley Admissions booklet. Posting here for others who may find it useful.

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, same one as I linked to. Do bear in mind that the date window between test results and the deadline for changing address is very small. They will want proof you've cut ties with your old property too etc.
jas8085

Post by jas8085 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
jas8085 wrote:
Great. Thanks Fiona!

Yes, same one as I linked to. Do bear in mind that the date window between test results and the deadline for changing address is very small. They will want proof you've cut ties with your old property too etc.
I meant, we will move if DD gets into a good school. To make commute easier.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Yes, I understood that but If your DD gets a pass but not a top 180 score then moving to be within distance (if Townley has a limit which is likely given its recent Ofsted outstanding rating) the time window for moving is relatively small as Bexley require notification I believe by early December. Even if you planned to move were she to get a place by not being nearby you may not have that dilemma. If you have other options including good local catchment schools then you don't need to worry and can just let it play out and hope the distance comes out to you but whilst a good possibility it is far from certain and will at best (based on recent years) not get offered on offer day but after places shuffle down. I only say this as no one knows exactly what the demand will be next year and you need to consider all the scenarios and what you are happy dealing with.
dwisdom

Re:Bexley DIY Exam

Post by dwisdom »

I have link which I send you by private email for those who want to know how to prepare Bexley 11+ DIY
jas8085

Re: Re:Bexley DIY Exam

Post by jas8085 »

dwisdom wrote:I have link which I send you by private email for those who want to know how to prepare Bexley 11+ DIY
Thank you. I will PM you my email ID.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now