Post by Godfather »

Does anyone know the pass mark for Bexley 11+

We have been doing lots of mock tests at our centre and we have now reached 70%
Which they said was a pass.... :D
Please advise
PettswoodFiona

Re: Pass mark

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I believe it is between 50 and 55% having read previous threads with lots of complicated formulas. The raw score required will vary depending on the age of the child. You normally need to have some wriggle room to allow for nerves and other factors of the 'real' test. DD found that even though she was getting good scores at home the real tests were much tougher on time. 70% sounds really good to me so good luck to your DC next month.
Godfather

Post by Godfather »

My friend got 215 which was pass mark and Bexley council said that was 55% and she was Jan child. Which mock did u get 70%- 11 plus forum?
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Godfather - I think it all depends on which mock you sat and how many were in the cohort. The local mocks ds sat, 20% scored over 90% so this suggested to me that the difficulty level was fairly low ( which may or may not reflect the Bexley level but I would imagine there would be more of a distinction in the levels in the real test whether that be from harder material or time pressure). Far harder were the CEM mocks from this forum and also the Sutton tests (which had 1700 + sitters but not CEM). 70% in the latter tests would suggest a fairly good score.