Kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
salsa

Re: Kent test

Post by salsa »

yoyo123 wrote:I don't know about Bexley, but in Kent we do know beforehand. The head can then send in evidence from school work , if they feel the candidate really should have passed. Many children are judged as being deemed suitable for grammar, even though they "failed" the test. They and their parents never know. And rightly so.
I just have a query about the fact that a parent would not know that their headteacher appealed. So, suppose you fail the English and get, say 104 when the pass mark is 106. The headteacher appeals and wins. What would the English score be? 106? If not, you would know when you get your individual test scores or if you ask for the raw scores, wouldn't you?

Thanks,

Salsa
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don't know for certain as I presume this scenario is not so common, hopefully someone will clarify. I do know that Kent produce a link to a spreadsheet shortly after the results showing which schools got passes and lots of other data including scores of those not deemed selective. You do see some high scores. Last year when 320 was the pass mark some who got 350 for example didn't get deemed selective and you can only assume that is as one paper had scored badly and the HT either hadn't gone to appeal or the appeal had failed. That spreadsheet can take up hours of your time if you want it to. In the past they've published it on the same page that they announce the total and composite pass marks for that year.
salsa

Post by salsa »

PettswoodFiona wrote:I don't know for certain as I presume this scenario is not so common, hopefully someone will clarify. I do know that Kent produce a link to a spreadsheet shortly after the results showing which schools got passes and lots of other data including scores of those not deemed selective. You do see some high scores. Last year when 320 was the pass mark some who got 350 for example didn't get deemed selective and you can only assume that is as one paper had scored badly and the HT either hadn't gone to appeal or the appeal had failed. That spreadsheet can take up hours of your time if you want it to. In the past they've published it on the same page that they announce the total and composite pass marks for that year.
Yes, I've "studied" the spreadsheet! :oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now