Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:21 am 

With the open day tomorrow I thought I would post a few notes about the first few weeks that DD had experienced at the school. I was nervous this time last year as DD was about to sit the test and we'd heard lots of good about the school but also some things not so good. Parents on this forum were so helpful in helping us make the right choice.

Firstly DD is loving the school. She is still getting lost so if you end up with her as a guide tomorrow I hope you don't all get lost together!
The Head makes the school feel like a family with teachers, pupils and parents all pulling in the same direction. He may not be the best public speaker, but don't judge him on that, he is blessed with many other talents.
The girls are all supportive of each other, encouraging and thoughtful. They have a love of learning.
DD is enjoying her Latin class and hopes to take Latin and Mandarin as twighlight courses from Y8.
She has joined the history club and will be auditioning next month for the school production, there are lots of other clubs but she has things out of school too so she isn't overdoing it yet.
DD bounces home each evening loving school. This is a girl who was previously at an independent school that had all sorts of lovely facilities so puts things into extra perspective.

I hope you enjoy looking round and for those taking the test good luck. I am happy to answer questions either here or by pm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:40 am 

How wonderful.

Will you also be at the open day tomorrow to answer any questions parents and prospective students may have about NW?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:05 am 

I am on tea and coffees from 9 until 10!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:18 pm 

Is it ok if I approach you for a chat tomorrow pls?!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:46 pm 

No problem.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:50 pm 

It would be great to meet you ! See you tomorrow. I am so nervous about the exam on the 30th. This is the school that my DD wants. It's very reassuring to me to hear your daughters view of her first few weeks there. I enjoyed Latin GCSE and A level myself at my comprehensive school (which was an ex grammar) I would love my daughter to have an opportunity to do the same subject. She absolutely loved Newstead wood when we saw it last year. She wants to see it again in the daytime.