Feedback on today's exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Godfather

Feedback on today's exam

Post by Godfather »

Exam very similar to our mocks but much easier particular [test content removed by Moderator] ... Some kids who didn't do mocks had timing issues. Vocab not too bad
bondgirl

Re: Feedback on today's exam

Post by bondgirl »

Thanks for the feedback. Which mocks did your child sit?
Godfather

Post by Godfather »

My local tuition centre ran a series of mocks in the summer
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

My daughter found it easier than the CGP CEM and Bond CEM practice papers.She said that the format was more like Letts CEM practice papers. The vocab was ok too.
workingmom

Post by workingmom »

Easy papers mean that cut off will be very high :?
salsa

Post by salsa »

In previous years people have reported that both Bond and CGP CEM materials were harder than the Bexley test. I guess the publishers have to cater for harder CEM exams in the rest of the country.

Salsa
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

Yes that's what I am worried about. My DD found Kent and Bexley exams ok and so did most of her friends. So now I am worried about the cut off! I'm sure the pass mark will be high this year!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Feedback from all the CEM exams this year have been that they were easy: DAO/SW Herts, HBS, Latymer, and Bucks.

Are they really easier or is it just we have a whole cohort of students that are ready for them now? DG
salsa

Post by salsa »

Daogroupie wrote:Feedback from all the CEM exams this year have been that they were easy: DAO/SW Herts, HBS, Latymer, and Bucks.

Are they really easier or is it just we have a whole cohort of students that are ready for them now? DG
Exactly! Parents are not falling for the untutorable test argument. We've had to cover a wider range of materials, prepare children to work very fast, etc. Does preparation make you smarter? Some will argue that it does, as the more you learn the more brain connections you make, the more connections the faster you learn. One "measure" of intelligence these days is how fast you learn.

If, on the other hand the test was easier, then I rather have a child coming out feeling they passed and wait confidently for the results than fret for a month. We'll do the worrying!

Salsa
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Last year we had kids saying it was easy and failed yet those who passed said some bits was easy and some hard - they passed. ... I think the same may have happened today??!?
CEM pass mark is normally 55%.... I think this still holds true from what I read today...pretty much what we were saying last year
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now