Newstead

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Elenajob

Re: Newstead

Post by Elenajob »

Liddle wrote:New to this forum. Just joined.

Received the results yesterday.

My DD got 231.

I heard the competition is very high this year. Anxiously waiting for March now.
My DD got 231 too for NW:) I think it's a good result too!
Any Bexley results?
Adda_6a

Post by Adda_6a »

Elenajob wrote:Hello Adda,
What's the pass score in Bexley this year?
The letter says 216. And above 247 would be top 180.
Liddle

Post by Liddle »

Elenajob wrote:
Liddle wrote:New to this forum. Just joined.

Received the results yesterday.

My DD got 231.

I heard the competition is very high this year. Anxiously waiting for March now.
My DD got 231 too for NW:) I think it's a good result too!
Any Bexley results?
Well done to your daughter. I hope they get their place in March. Fingers crossed. :)

No, I only applied to Newstead Wood. I am not familiar with the Kent area so I found out about Bexley late.
Venugnbr

Post by Venugnbr »

Hi all,

Congratulations to all the children for their great effort and to the parents who spent sleepless nights with them.

My DD got a very high mark and will be joining her sister who is in year 10 at NW next September :) . Both of them are really excited, not only them - my elder DD's friends at NW are waiting to welcome her!

Got the result from Bexley too just now - She is in top 180 (out of 5685 pupils wrote the exam!) there as well. She scored nearly 100%, just missed couple of marks... Great news for her when she returns from school.

Now waiting for Kent results this evening.
piggymom

Post by piggymom »

Newstead Wood's PAN is 160, and according to the school info which stated last year there are 947 sat for the test. Assume similar number of girls were taking the test this year, do any one has an idea/POV as to how many girls would receive test score above the cutting scores they suggested i.e. 215?

I understand no one 100% knows the answer, but would want to gauge more understanding if there is a logic/framework behind to work this out, so we could understand more about the possibilities of getting in with marginal mark 215/216...

Many thanks to all.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

piggymom wrote:Newstead Wood's PAN is 160, and according to the school info which stated last year there are 947 sat for the test. Assume similar number of girls were taking the test this year,
Reports to parents of current students thanking them for their help refer to a record number of applicants this year. Exact number unknown.
piggymom wrote:do any one has an idea/POV as to how many girls would receive test score above the cutting scores they suggested i.e. 215?
No Newstead do not release this sort of information and it isn't reasonable to extrapolate

piggymom wrote:I understand no one 100% knows the answer, but would want to gauge more understanding if there is a logic/framework behind to work this out, so we could understand more about the possibilities of getting in with marginal mark 215/216...
As said in earlier quotes the September 2016 entry going as low as 215 was a first. There is no way to say whether it will be repeated or not. Factors affecting the chances depend on how popular the school is, how many scoring higher than your DD want the school and how many sat the test.
piggymom

Post by piggymom »

Thank you very much, Fiona, for your kind explanation.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Excitement in the PWF household today. We came home to a hand written postcard from the NW history department addressed to us as parents and saying how our DD was making a great start at the school and her excellence and contribution to classes was highly valued. Tingly feeling all over. Some may say it is just a tactic but I see it as a really lovely example of how caring the school is.
miminz

Post by miminz »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Excitement in the PWF household today. We came home to a hand written postcard from the NW history department addressed to us as parents and saying how our DD was making a great start at the school and her excellence and contribution to classes was highly valued. Tingly feeling all over. Some may say it is just a tactic but I see it as a really lovely example of how caring the school is.
Aww.. that is nice to get a little surprise from the school.

I have been a silent reader to this forum. I gain lots of information with regards to 11plus. Thank you to all.

My daughter scored 247 and really happy with the result as NW is her first choice.

Definitely going to stick around with this forum. My 2nd DD is currently in Y4.
I'm going to take a break for a few months, before i start again with all this 11plus craziness with my 2nd DD. :lol:

Well done to other DDs.
Liddle

Post by Liddle »

miminz wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote:Excitement in the PWF household today. We came home to a hand written postcard from the NW history department addressed to us as parents and saying how our DD was making a great start at the school and her excellence and contribution to classes was highly valued. Tingly feeling all over. Some may say it is just a tactic but I see it as a really lovely example of how caring the school is.
Aww.. that is nice to get a little surprise from the school.

I have been a silent reader to this forum. I gain lots of information with regards to 11plus. Thank you to all.

My daughter scored 247 and really happy with the result as NW is her first choice.

Definitely going to stick around with this forum. My 2nd DD is currently in Y4.
I'm going to take a break for a few months, before i start again with all this 11plus craziness with my 2nd DD. :lol:

Well done to other DDs.
That is an amazing score! Well done to your daughter.

What books did you use when preparing her for her tests please?