Newstead

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gramercer

Re: Newstead

Post by gramercer »

Thank you for the advice Pettswood Fiona. I have read a number of your helpful posts before. You must be delighted that your DD is enjoying her new school so much. A bit of a PC answer I know but we are very proud of all the effort our DD put in studying.

As you state, it is probably going to be a long summer next year wondering if we receive an offer. Is it correct that the letter in March tells you where you are on the waiting list so it will give you a rough idea of your DD's chances?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I am not going to be much help about waiting lists, sorry. We were very lucky and DD got her first choice. I hope someone else will be able to advise. If I was in your position I would cover all bases and let the LA know and the school directly too as I have seen that communications between the two don't always work out.
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

My daughter got 222- would this be enough to secure a place!?
Crescent26

Post by Crescent26 »

I was feeling relieved: the letter states that the historical cut off is 215-220, and DD got 224, so I figured she's scraped in. (DS got a 'possibly' rather than likely or unlikely from St Olaves 2 years ago, we got his no 2 school in March, but got an offer for St Olaves 6 weeks later in the re-shuffle, so I figured the same might happen here? I.e. that this historical cut off is the 'first' cut off, not the 'lowest number offered on 1 September'.

But Pettswood Fiona - you think that anything between 212 and 224 means no sleeping well for next 11 months...

<puts champagne back in fridge>
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Do they say what the pass mark is anyway?
vinitasurya

Post by vinitasurya »

DD got 261. We are super thrilled that all the hard work paid off!
Congrats to all
piggymom

Post by piggymom »

Any OOC parents received the letter yet? We haven't, so eager...
Godfather

Post by Godfather »

we are OOC.

So would 203 be considered a pass - I don't really care if we don't get in ; but would be very happy if this is a pass ...the letter says we can select Newstead
Elenajob

Post by Elenajob »

Hello,
What does it mean the cut off 215-220? And what is the pass mark?
Also if we leave 10 miles away, do we have chance or only those who pass and leave within 9 miles?
Thank you!
fleurdelacourt

Post by fleurdelacourt »

Is there an OOC for Newstead? thought the catchment was 9 miles and that was that?

with a score of 203, you'd be unlikely to get a place really?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now