Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Liddle

Re: Newstead

Post by Liddle »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Liddle wrote:
Yueling wrote:Dear all,

Congrats to all children who achieved a good score.

My DD has 227 for Newstead and living within 9 miles, not sure how likely that we will have offer on the offer day, could someone advise please?

Many thanks.
Well done to your daughter. I hope she gets a place in March.

My DD got 231. I live quite far but within the 9 mile radius. It'd take my DD over an hour and half to reach Newstead by public transport.

I am wondering if the Local Council give priority to the highest ranking candidates living closer to the school or if they'd send us an offer despite us being so far away. Though we'd move to the area if my daughter did get in.
As long as you are in category 1 (within the 9 mile radius) you are treated the same as those closer to the school and it is all about the score. It is a great school but I'd think long and hard about that journey so yes do move closer. You will be fine with a score of 231. If you want any advice about nice places to live near the school do feel free to PM me.
Thank you for your reassuring words. That's great to know.

I'll pm you. :)
Yueling

Post by Yueling »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Liddle wrote:

My DD has 227 for Newstead and living within 9 miles, not sure how likely that we will have offer on the offer day, could someone advise please?

Many thanks.

My DD got 231. I live quite far but within the 9 mile radius. It'd take my DD over an hour and half to reach Newstead by public transport.

I am wondering if the Local Council give priority to the highest ranking candidates living closer to the school or if they'd send us an offer despite us being so far away. Though we'd move to the area if my daughter did get in.
As long as you are in category 1 (within the 9 mile radius) you are treated the same as those closer to the school and it is all about the score. It is a great school but I'd think long and hard about that journey so yes do move closer. You will be fine with a score of 231. If you want any advice about nice places to live near the school do feel free to PM me.
Thanks a lot Fiona, yes this is what I thought as well.
Yueling

Post by Yueling »

Liddle wrote:

Many thanks.

Congratulations to your DD, 231 would be a very safe score to get in on offer day, according to the information that I got from this forum. Sorry for the late reply, yes as Fiona said as long as it is within 9m, it will be ranking according to the score. Hope we can meet in next September at Newstead. :)
Liddle

Post by Liddle »

Yueling wrote:
Liddle wrote:

Many thanks.

Congratulations to your DD, 231 would be a very safe score to get in on offer day, according to the information that I got from this forum. Sorry for the late reply, yes as Fiona said as long as it is within 9m, it will be ranking according to the score. Hope we can meet in next September at Newstead. :)
Hope so too. Thanks. :)
simz

Post by simz »

My DD scored 220 in Newstead. One of her friends has scored 222 and got in for 2017 entry. We haven't heard anything from the school today/council and got the second choice school. Does she still have a chance to get in via waiting list? Any pointers would be helpful. :roll:
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

220 sounds really hopeful and if they have offered 222 today then that is lower than it has been in the past, it has usually been 224 or above and moved down by about seven points or so. Last year the lowest score was 215. I think 220 should be more than ok but there are no guarantees in this. Wishing you all the best - it must be hard if a friend had got an offer and things are still uncertain for your DD. It is a school that is worth the wait. Good luck.
simz

Post by simz »

Thanks for the reply. I hope she gets through in the second round ....not sure though how the system of waitlist works. Fingers crossed.
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

Just sneaking in early to say congratulations to all those girls who are in today, and I hope others get good news later. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for good tutors, please PM me, I wouldn't need one for 18 months (we will struggle to have the time to do it ourselves and I think my DD would respond better to someone external), but I thought I would explore some options in the next number of months. Thanks!
loaf33

Post by loaf33 »

Does anyone know how the wait list works - do we need to contact the school or the council at all? My DD got 219, so am very cheered to hear that someone got in on 222. Fingers crossed.

And well done to everyone who got in, and who got what they wanted. Big sighs of relief. :) :)
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

My daughter got 222 and offered a place today at Newstead! So happy!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now