Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: level 3s results 11+
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:49 pm 

:shock: friend just received her dds results for bexley 11+ and she got a score of 249 she had only got a level 3a in maths in year 4. She will be going to a grammar just wondering if there could of been a mix up

Post subject: Re: level 3s results 11+
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:22 pm 

You really joined to say this? I would think the chance of a mix up non existent. How did your child do?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:25 pm 

LewishamLiana wrote:
:shock: friend just received her dds results for bexley 11+ and she got a score of 249 she had only got a level 3a in maths in year 4. She will be going to a grammar just wondering if there could of been a mix up

Which area is this in?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:23 am 

LewishamLiana wrote:

First of all, many things could have happened in Year 5 that helped the child to gain the necessary skills. It could be tutoring, could be the school's teaching, or that the child had a lightbulb moment and everything fell into place since. Children can learn so rapidly.

Secondly, maths only count for 25% for Bexley. Verbal is 50%. So if she has got a very high verbal and non-verbal score, it can compensate a slightly lower maths score (if that is the case).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:36 am 

The maths level is above average and may not have been accurate anyway!

We've had KS2 level 3s join Year 7 ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:59 pm 

scary mum wrote:
You really joined to say this? I would think the chance of a mix up non existent. How did your child do?

Really sorry just got so nervous about adds results that i just needed to post something. I was just quite annoyed because her dd has been heavily tutored (3 1-to-1s a week) i know i could of done this but didn't want to ruin it for dd. My dd got 237 v proud i know not in top 180 but she did her best i think you'd have to be heavily tutored to get into that or just a brainiac

Liana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:02 pm 

scary mum wrote:

sorry just got annoyed because she had been tutored 3 days a week since yr4. I didn't want to take the fun out of it for dd so chose not to tutor. My dd got 237 which for her is amazing v proud i know it s not t.180 but she couldn't of got that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:17 am 

3a in year4 - shall we nail her future there? That's it - never never go beyond average !!
What if the parents realised she needs help in achieving her true potential and got her a tutor?

Whats the problem if she has been tutored? There are parents who go the DIY route (like me) but there are parents who don't have the skills / confidence / time to do the preps themselves - what about their children then? Why is it wrong to get help from a tutor - they are only helping the children improve their skills. I know a lot of DIY parents who spend more than 3x a week teaching their kids.