Calling all St Olaves parents for advise please!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
memphis

Re: Calling all St Olaves parents for advise please!!!

Post by memphis »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Again, out of order, Memphis. If FW was as bad as you are attempting to make out, the mods would constantly be monitoring her or banning her. As you rightly point out, she has made hundreds of very useful post (my words). Her choice of phraseology in this case was slightly clumsy but came from a very good place - the original, unedited post (which assumedly you didn't see either) was difficult to read but conveyed some heartfelt thoughts that FW wanted everyone to easily access.
I kindly urge you to read all her posts carefully. They, are what I believe you mean by bragging by stealth. In every "helpful" post she makes sure she reminds the public about how well her dd has done. Again and again. They're alarming and insensitive to those with dc who have failed the exams.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Really sorry, memphis, but I don't have time to re-read over 500 posts - and certainly not on other forums too, which you appear to be doing. What you see as bragging in some of the posts, is actually FW offering reassurance to nervous posters that she is coming from a place where her efforts were successful - the things she did with tutoring/diy-ing worked. Alternatively she uses her experiences to give "real" opinions on the schools her children attend. I do the same. So does Tinkers, Southbucks, Amber, Guest55 (who also does it from the additional perspective of working in or having worked in the schools), and others....

FW apologised - the mods have no issue with her but they have given you a warning already. Best to move on now.
memphis

Post by memphis »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Really sorry, memphis, but I don't have time to re-read over 500 posts - and certainly not on other forums too, which you appear to be doing. What you see as bragging in some of the posts, is actually FW offering reassurance to nervous posters that she is coming from a place where her efforts were successful - the things she did with tutoring/diy-ing worked. Alternatively she uses her experiences to give "real" opinions on the schools her children attend. I do the same. So does Tinkers, Southbucks, Amber, Guest55 (who also does it from the additional perspective of working in or having worked in the schools), and others....

FW apologised - the mods have no issue with her but they have given you a warning already. Best to move on now.
Unfortunately neither do I as there's just so many - I've read a handful, not in one go obviously, but over the past year or so, enough to see a recurring pattern of being helpful, which is good of course, but sneaking in a line or two about how amazingly well her dd's done.

As for diy, yes I'm sure it worked well for her and mind you I don't see why not after spending a lot of money on privileged education.

I'm only expressing my opinion as a fellow parent on this 11+ journey and I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I find that on a number of occasions certain posts are inconsiderate of other parents and children who did not pass the exams.

I wouldn't have thought the mods and you have any issue because bragging in stealth and correcting other posters' grammar are not actually breaking any forum policy.

Touché. Moving on......
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Moving on whilst continuing to have digs, especially about privileged education, is not moving on. It is showing an inverse snobbery on a par with what you are accusing FP of....

At least FP tries to help with her posts - nothing you have said has added at all to this thread, except to start leading it down the way of most QE threads before it. I say again to you, move on...and, as I feel a sense of deja vu, I will now bow out.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

This topic is now locked, any attempts to restart this argument on another thread may result in a temporary or permanent ban. I suggest that all you remind yourselves of the forum rules.