Godfather

Bexley Vs Chis and Sid

Post by Godfather »

Which is better in terms of academic?
Does Bexley grammar have a 6th Form?
hanaF

Re: Bexley Vs Chis and Sid

Post by hanaF »

I haven't viewed Chis Sid (too far away) but was really impressed by Bexley this morning. They do IB at 6th Form, which is a challenging qualification but producing rounded and critical persons which would strive better at unis. According to the HT, they are sending 8 ppl to Oxbridge this year which is good considering the less selective intake to the likes of STOGS. For GCSEs, everyone has to do separate sciences and 2 languages, again challenging. A few gained 12 A*s this year and a significant proportion got straight A*/As, so academically it is doing well.

All the Bexley selective schools are good, so you'll need to visit them personally to see which one fits your dc better.
lefol

Post by lefol »

All bexley grammars are good. They all offer different subjects and as such I would suggest that you visit all schools and make your choice of schools and consider what ds wants. I have a son at Chis and Sid and have experienced Grammars and Independent schools at secondary levels. I have nothing negative to report on chis and sid- it is a very good school and the teachers work incredibly hard to support pupils. They take a wide range of students from as far as Bromley, Greenwich and Dartford. Great communication with the school, great tracking and the predicted grades for GCSEs were near enough spot on. One of the issues you raised is which one is better academically- that I cannot answer and no one can in my opinion.It is one thing getting your child into a grammar school, but once they get in , they have to work hard as with any other school to keep up with the work. Good luck. Ps. they also offer some fantastic trips and extra curricular activities which you can find on the left hand side of the website.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

When we looked last year DD didn't like Chis n Sid, it was just too rumbustious for her, she actually got knocked over by some of the pupils running about. That may suit some other DCs who like a high energy environment. It is always more about fit than about stats or tables, but if after looking at the schools you are still undecided then https://www.compare-school-performance. ... re-schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is helpful, some extracts for these schools below:

Chis n Sid are Ofsted Good, Bexley are Outstanding.
The progress 8 score for Chis n Sid is around the national average, Bexley is above average
Bexley pay their staff on average £2k more than Sid n Chis which would imply more junior staff/NQTs at Chis n Sid
The staff to pupil ratio is 14 pupils per member of staff at Bexley and 16.4 at Chis n Sid
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Godfather wrote:Which is better in terms of academic?
Does Bexley grammar have a 6th Form?
Are there any grammar schools which don't :? :?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
lefol

Post by lefol »

lol. Yes, all the grammar schools in Bexley have sixth forms and they all take external candidates so you get another mix then.
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Academically townley is top closely followed by Bexley/ chis and Sid - Beths is last
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now