Bexley Grammar's catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tracy

Bexley Grammar's catchment

Post by Tracy »

Does anyone know how far BG's catchment area has gone down to this year as a result of the intake being reduced to a 6 form entry? :?
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Tracy

Most surprisingly this year's distances are already on the LEA website (amazing really, considering how long it takes them to do things!). I think I noticed last night that BG was down to 2.9 miles.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Haven't checked the website yet, I didn't think that info would be there yet! So it has made a considerable difference.
Mumof2boys

Post by Mumof2boys »

Oh, tried to find it but couldnt, do you have link?

Sorry, not going to BGS but I was surprised we got first choice of BETHs because we live over 4 miles from the school! Just wondered how the measured the distances and what the distance for BETHs is this year!
Teri
No longer worried and anxious, v v happy
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Mum of two boys - can't do links I'm afraid! But, if you go onto the council website, choose services, then schools, then admissions, then secondary school admissions and look at the column on the far left hand side you will see a link for "distance statistics". That's what you want.
Beths was 5.1 miles this year. Last year's short distance was, I am told, probably some sort of demographic blip in that there were an unusually large number of first preference applicants who passed the 11+ and lived close to the school.

Congratulations to your son. Beths is a really wonderful school. My eldest son, who didn't like primary school much at all, is very happy there. I'm so happy that son No. 2 is going there as well - I'd choose it over BGS any day!
Mumof2boys

Post by Mumof2boys »

Thank you Bexley mum! Will have a look.

My friends son also goes to BETHs and is happy. The school outshone the others and my son didnt want to look at any other schools.

I think he will do well there.

Congratulations to you to!
Teri
No longer worried and anxious, v v happy
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now