Bexley Maths - How did yours do?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bex mum

Post by Bex mum »

Hi Catsmile,

I think you should be just about ok for Beths going on the amount of boys i know who went there this year from around your area.

I think Trinity is difficult to get into as you need a "1" on your form or if lucky a "2" may get you in. My understanding is that they take children from all different faiths.

Have you looked at Welling? My D's friend goes there and is very happy.

When we were looking last year we really liked Bexleyheath and on the various occasions I have been there I found the kids to be fine. We actually didn't like Erith and yet most people I know did - it amazes me how everyone has such different opinions on all the schools!

I agree the waiting is terrible, i've got to do it all again next year!
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

Catsmile

My DS is also small and slightly build but good at sport.

I don't think you will have any worries about the arts at Beths. I think they do lots of music, drama etc. I'll check with the older DS later when he gets in.

My DS is going for his karate black belt at the end of the month, so if they both get in I'll get him to look after your DS.

n.b. his older brother is a big butch prop forward (in year 10 now) so can look after them both as well.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Catsmile - I know people who were worried about sending their sons to Beths because it does have a very "sporty" reputation. They've all said they needn't have worried. I know lots of boys there who aren't into sport and it doesn't cause them any problems. I also know lots of very slightly built boys there - some who play sport and some who don't. They do play lots of rugby - much to my Y7 son's delight and Y9 son's disgust. But if you do like sport it's a great place to be. The music department is FANTASTIC and they offer lots of opportunities to learn instruments and take part in music extension activities. They put on wonderful concerts twice a term. My eldest decided to learn an instrument with no prompting from me. Drama is very good, although some of the productions can be a bit high-brow. Art is excellent.

All in all, a thoroughly good school!
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

Thanks for that - its always good to hear from those who really know!

Looks like DS's gut instinct about Beths was right - it sounds a good as it looked. I really hope and pray he passes and manages to get a place there - it would make us all very very happy!

Oh well fingers, toes, eyes and whatever else crossed!

Better go and make the sandwiches now or I won't make it to bed before I turn into a pumpkin! :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now