St Olaves today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

theresathought

St Olaves today

Post by theresathought »

Anyone out there got any feedback on today's exam. The DS finished the maths paper (just) in time. He thought the English was ok - had plenty of time to check. Maths was hardish but not impossible (he is a veteran of the Bexley and Kent tests).
tomtom

St Olaves today!

Post by tomtom »

My boy did the exam today. Funnily enough he thought the maths was OK but the English Comp was a bit difficult. Overall he thought the exam was not too bad - although I don;t know what this means in terms of his marks.

I heard that St Olaves used to send out results fairly soon after the tests but they don;t seem to indicate this - does anyone else know about this?

Tks
tomtom :o
theresathought

Post by theresathought »

In the letter it said they would only find out in March. Trust me, having had a borderline Newstead hanging over me from December to March.....this is a kindness to us. The raw scores this year would not mean too much, as a lot more of the prep school kids who might have been lured away by partial scholarships to Sevenoaks/Eltham etc are more likely to take places because of the credit crunch - or that's my analysis. I doubt there will be as much movement between March and August as we could have hoped for in previous years.
tired_dad_2008

Post by tired_dad_2008 »

My son said the maths was very tricky (but he enjoyed the challenge) and the english paper was "fun". Usually this is a good sign since when he finds the maths easy (ie. 11+ this year when he finished in half the available time) he tends to do poorly because he makes loads of careless errors on the easy questions. I don't think we get the results until March. Goodness knows why it takes Kent so long to work out the allocations when they will have all the data they need before Christmas...
PB Mum

St Olave's today

Post by PB Mum »

Good morning, all...I was introduced to the forum by a friend a couple of weeks ago - what an excellent resource! Just wish I'd found it sooner...

DS sat Olave's yesterday, enjoyed the maths (but I'm sure made some errors), and re-wrote his letter 4 times! Other than a CAF notification, will we (eventually) get the scores form the school - I have a feeling this may have changed from previous years, as they've already used up the two requested SAEs.

DS scored 420 for 11+, with high 'raw scores', (and has 'gone off the boil' , unsurprisingly), and the question no doubt has an obvious answer, he is unlikely to be offered a choice ?( Our CAF had to go in prior to us getting his scores, so haven't listed Olave's first choice - something we would have learned from this site, not his school!)

We're obviously very proud of him, and to some it may seem unfair to be asking this, but none of this decision making is easy, is it? I'm sure the right thing happens in the end...
angel

Post by angel »

Hi, in previous years, St O gave the results out prior to 3rd March - school allocation, but I think this year because of changes the results come with decision ( school you have been allocated) - not before. I think its on St O's website.
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

My ds sat the Olaves test on Saturday and found the maths harder than the english but both OK. They're definitely not giving out the scores earlier this year (I spoke to the admissions teacher at the Open Day) so will just have to wait until March. I'm happier about this because when my eldest son sat the test (2 years ago) and we got his scores we were really still non the wiser which was quite frustrating. After 3rd March I'm sure the school will give you the results if you ring them.

My son is so relieved there are no more tests and seems like a different child compared to the last couple of months - as am I!!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now