St Olave's (Orpington)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2childmum

St Olave's (Orpington)

Post by 2childmum »

I know St Olaves is not in Kent but there isn't a Bromley forum.

Having sat Bexley and Kent 11+ we now have to decide whether to try for St Olave's. I'm not optimistic DS will pass, especially as we have not used a tutor and the homework from school is quite heavy so there is not too much time to prepare - but if he decides to give it a go we will let him try, athough we ay not make it our first choice.

Does anyone have any experience of St Olave's?

The only thing I hear aboout it is that it is very pushy. Sometimes I think it would be good for my DS as up until now most things have come easily to him so he tends to collapse when he hits something he can't do. On the other hand I don't want shcool work to dominate every second of his waking life.

Any inside info or opinions would be gratefully received.

I'll post this in the Bexley forum too, in case anyone there can help
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi 2childmum

If you go to the bottom of this page, on the blue line you will see "Search". Click on that, enter "St Olaves" in the first box and you will get quite a few posts about the school and the tests.

Sally-Anne
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Hi 2childmum

My eldest son attends St Olaves and thoroughly enjoys it. He is a bright boy and has never found the work overwhelming. He had about half an hour homework a night in year 7 (mainly because they get so much work done in the class time). He is now in year 8 and the homework has stepped up a pace but is manageable. He has made some great friends and loves his school. I don't think the school is particularly pushy they just want all these bright boys to reach their potential.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now