Cleeve Park - Extra Open Morning 22/10/08

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tracy

Cleeve Park - Extra Open Morning 22/10/08

Post by Tracy »

There is an extra open morning next Wednesday 22nd October for anyone interested in a place here.

This has been laid on as there has been so much interest in the school. The school might possibly be oversubscribed this year so the catchment area may go down.

If you would like to attend phone the reception on 020 8302 6418 to book a place on the tours.

I need to do a school run now but will be back later with some quotes from parents that have viewed this school. Will answer any questions too. :wink:
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Back from school run so here's the quotes:

Very impressed with the warm welcome from staff and pupils.

Very impressed with the exam results - the school is clearly doing well.

Thought the school was wonderful and the pupils polite and helpful.

The only school (of four) that showed an interest in Music.

Impressed with what you do to create a positive ethos.

So many interesting things to do... in addition to the lessons.

Impressed with the quiet and orderly amosphere and the behaviour of the pupils.

The school had a really vibrant feel in classrooms - lovely to see so much work on display.

The student guides were brilliant - such confident, helpful, good natured young people.

Current offers from the Music dept:

5 shared lessons of 15 mins FREE
5 shared lessons of 20 mins £5 total
5 shared lessons of 30 mins £15 total

Over 1/3 of year 7s learn a musical instrument.

Hope all this info helps. Any questions just ask. 8)
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

We loved Cleeve park - DS, DH and I. Really calm atmosphere and a great ethos - would have been happy with DS there if he hadn't made the 11+.

:)

I would encourate everyone to have a look for themselves.
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

Tracy

Thanks for the info.

I seem to remember from an earlier post that you work there.

Any idea on distances you would expect the catchment area to be?

DS is 2.80 miles looking on http://www.postcode-info.co.uk

I will phone in an hour and see if I can get on the tour.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

In the last few years the school has been able to offer a place to every child who has applied but what the stats in the Council booklet doen't tell you is that the amount of empty spaces left after all offers have been made has gone down considerably in recent years. This is because people are liking what they see at CP and the Head - who has his own son in the school - has been making tremendous changes and standards have improved dramatically.

Up until a couple of years ago, the parents of Bexley had not caught on to this. I have a year 8 daughter (at BGS) and when I was looking around I was dissatisfied with BS and Welling. Our head advised me to look at Cleeve Park as it had a new head who was working wonders. I dismissed this and relied on playground tittle tattle and rumour. Sadly I let this infuence me and I never viewed the school. Then I started woking there - OMG - I could have eaten my words! As as a result, when I'm looking for dd2 next year I will view all schools and not take a blind bit of notice what other parents, who have not visited the schools, say.

So back to CP, this year, due to the bad press of BS and Welling, CP is anticipating being over subscribed for the frst time in years. The school is SO popular but I still think that most kids in Bexley, with the exception of the north of the borough, will have a chance. The PAN is 240 I think. Remember though due to the location of the school there are lots of Bromley students and some of these will be disappointed too.

I can't really give you a distance but the school surely can't so from a situation of having a few vacancies to say under 2.5 miles. I think you would be fine.

Go for the tour and if you like what you see, put it on the CAF. I know I will next year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now