Newstead making a mockery of the admissions procedures.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lioncelt

Post by lioncelt »

Yes Billie, you are right. After 1st of May schools in Bromley manage their own waiting lists. They are then expected to go by their admissions critieria first &, therefore, can disregard preference order.

Anyone who doesn't know the admissions criteria for Newstead Woods (same with St Olave's) can read it on their website......academic achievment . (worked out by the top scorers on their test). They will, as soon as they can, rank their waiting list by score marks. However, this isn't till May so it's third time round for anyone who has 'changed their mind'.
JRTavistock

Post by JRTavistock »

If any organisation is using the personal information (of the scores) to solicit individuals they really need to check for what purpose the scores are given.

There is a potential breach of the data protection act here.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I'm sorry, JRTavistock, but can you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. How can it be a breach of data protection if the school are given these scores/applications?
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

I think that it is perhaps using the names and addresses for a purpose for which they were not given to the school that may be wrong; this might be what Tavistock is referring to. Parents of children sitting the test will have given their addresses for certain reasons, but not necessarily to receive mail at a later date pointing out that their child's score was above the initial cut-off score.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now