Results

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Well done yoyo, catcool and magwich's DC's. Top class results!

[quote]Battle of Waterloo...too kind and modest[\quote]

Flamenco, you do make me giggle! :lol: Not modesty - DS is not in the same league as mini-Flamenco - work ethic alone is non-existent and he'd be the one blowing the trumpet at Waterloo not being in the thick of it! :roll: I forgot about the swine flu fiasco - I do hope the other boys were not badly affected!
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Missed this thread due to pc problems, thanks for starting it T.i.p.s.y.
There are only a few people with whom we can discuss results before their eyes become glazed over with boredom! Funny that! :wink:
WELL DONE to all!
Really relieved for my DS, 11 A* and a B in Freestanding Maths, whatever that is(!) taken a year early.
Well done to all his lovely friends too, who have managed an impressive selection of results between them, so pleased as they have now secured their 6th form places. :lol:
Good Luck to all those off to 6th form/colleges/work, as one stage comes to an end the next part of the journey lies ahead, good luck to all .......
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Well done KG3 DC. So many A* and early Maths seems to be a theme on here so far - you all must be so proud.

Whatever the grades, if our children try hard then we are proud of their own individual achievements.
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Hi T.i.p.s.y,

Thank you and great to see you back! :lol:

So true, we must be proud of all our dc's hard work and efforts. I only hope dd can alter her mind set during the next two years before she takes her GCSES!
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Hi,
Just catching up with the forum as now back from our hols and I just had to add to this one because I am a VERY proud Auntie.....my autistic nephew who couldn't communicate until he was 10 years old has just achieved 4 GCSEs, he got an A* in maths and photography, an A in physics and a C in English. Tears of joy in the Suncrest household. What the world holds for him now heaven knows but getting these has surpassed anything I thought was achievable. :D
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

All achievements are special but Aunty Suncrest I think your nephew's are extra special and outstanding, congratulations to your nephew and thanks too you for sharing. :)

steve
Flamenco

Post by Flamenco »

suncrest wrote:Hi,
Just catching up with the forum as now back from our hols and I just had to add to this one because I am a VERY proud Auntie.....my autistic nephew who couldn't communicate until he was 10 years old has just achieved 4 GCSEs, he got an A* in maths and photography, an A in physics and a C in English. Tears of joy in the Suncrest household. What the world holds for him now heaven knows but getting these has surpassed anything I thought was achievable. :D
And I just have to add to this one sending my congratulations to your nephew, Suncrest.

What an achievement to have scored an A* in Maths (not to mention Photography) and an A in Physics! These are core prestigious academic subjects that most people wish they have. Forget about the string of A*s and A’s - after all, one cannot have a dozen professions at any one time – it’s better to be a Master of one than be a Jack of all trades. Looks to me your nephew is going to be a top flight mathematician and/or physicist . . .
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Absolutely have to add congratulations to your nephew too suncrest, fantastic results, you and your entire family deserve to be extremely proud and enjoy every moment! Lovely to hear such wonderful news! :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

That is brilliant Suncrest.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Congrats to the Suncrest's nephew. We should be proud of your nephew and very proud of his parents who have obviously done a wonderful job. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now