GCSE Science Tutor - particularly in Physics and Chemistry

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jayjay

GCSE Science Tutor - particularly in Physics and Chemistry

Post by jayjay »

Hi,

My son has just completed year 10 and is completely switched off in Science, particularly Physics. He says that his teachers are no good! He is very good at other subjects. I can teach him but he is going through his teenage years whereby he does not listen to me or want to learn from me and it is a real struggle. Help, please can someone recommend a GCSE Science tutor who comes highly recommended? We live in Hertfordshire/North London border near Barnet.

Thanks. Please pm me if you know?
scary mum

Re: GCSE Science Tutor - particularly in Physics and Chemist

Post by scary mum »

Might be worth asking his teachers, unless that is awkward? My DD struggles a bit in maths, having had poor teachers in years 8&9. I discussed it with her maths teacher who agreed that a 1:1 boost was just what she needed and recommended a colleague.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I personally think it's a bit unethical to recommend a colleague unless the support is free!

We have a few names I have passed on but preferred to give free support at lunchtimes or through a sixth form trained 'buddy' - not near you though I'm afraid :(
Last edited by Guest55 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Hmmm. I hadn't really thought if it like that. I did ask her if she knew of anyone. They do also have lunchtime support (DD always seems to "forget" to go) and sixth form buddy support which I have also asked for.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now