GCSEs in your family this summer? Come and hide here!

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: GCSEs in your family this summer? Come and hide here!

Post by scary mum »

Hi all

DD achieved what she needed to get back into 6th form and do the subjects she wanted to so all good here. I have a couple of questions for those in the know too:

All along DD has been told she has certain grade for her chemistry & physics course work and has been awarded a grade lower in each case. Should I query this? One of them she would certainly have redone. In each case I think (lthough I'm unclear - see below) this would have made a difference to her overall grade.

My other question relates to the grade boundaries. On the OCR website they helpfully give both raw scores and UMS but on AQA and Edexcel they only give one, which is not the same type of figure and I don't know how to find out where she falls in the grades from the mark given. Can anyone help? I can pm examples if it helps!

Thanks - hope there are smiles all round :D

Edit: I'm going to start a new thread for this.
Last edited by scary mum on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
JordanPayne

Post by JordanPayne »

I'm so happy, passed most of my subjects apart from maths + french + RE. 3 A*s to add on and overall I'm a happy 15 year old. (I'm up a year if you don't know, should be in year 10, in year 11 going into sixth form :D )
Amber

Post by Amber »

Well done Jordan, glad it went well for you and thanks for coming back with your news. Good luck in your future studies.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Amber - the comment about the English was the first thing my DD heard this morning and we both found it so depressing.

It was so emotional going in to get the envelope and then going somewhere quiet to open it. The lovely part was that she wanted me with her - makes me cry again remembering that she wanted me close.

I am also interested in how we find out the grade boundaries for edexcel IGCSE. Does anyone know?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want ... cement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grade boundaries for iGCSE excel
neurotic kent mum

Many thanks for your help. This appears to be the international IGCSE - which is different. I need, I think, the Edexcel certificates subjects for which I can find the marks boundary but they only tell us the marks and the grades, not what marks the points equate to! And i only have the points score not the mark. I think the school may be needed - but the school office is closed during the holidays!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

http://www.edexcel.com/results/understa ... aries.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link gives a detailed list of all Edexcel Grades for June 2012. The certificates are on there, and I posted a link directly to them on the other thread you posted too.
Best wishes.
neurotic kent mum

Sorry - yes will just post on other thread.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now