Architecture

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: Architecture

Post by scarlett »

Aargh..I hope the boys are not all level 7....Ds is still level 6...his tutor is an art teacher so I'll get him to ask.

They start gcses in year 9, KS10. It's a bit stressful, because they have exams next week and have been told if they don't do very well then they might not get their choices. :( ds will probably be in a class of 3 doing all the bean bag options then.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

They look at the exams and the assessments so far together so it's not all on next week :D
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

The obvious choices for architecture would be Maths, Physics Art. But look on coursefinder for individual requirements.

Architecture has some of the worst employment prospects of any mainstream subject btw. Don't ask me why this should be so.

Mike
KB

Post by KB »

There should be quite a range of options within the GCSE Art.
Many degrees would be loooking for an 'Art' A level (as well as maths & possibly physics)
so if its a possibilty then probbaly a good idea to think seriously about the GCSE to keep options open.
Competition for best places is tough so where subjects are 'preferred' it is very helpful to have them!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Have you looked on TSR?
Pretty sure Art in some form is desirable even if not required. Careers teacher at DD's school points out that 'preferred' does pretty much mean 'required' these days, unless there are special circumstances.

Too young, too young. :(
mad?

Post by mad? »

Amber wrote:Too young, too young. :(
SO SO too young...but it is what it is. Mad?
mad?