What have our kids chosen?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: What have our kids chosen?

Post by scarlett »

Ds didn't get his choices but I've been stalking the man who makes the decisions and he was told today that they have been swapped to the ones he'd originally chosen...

The usual maths and English literature / lang , double science, Chinese, history, geography, art, computing and classical civilisations . Quite a broad choice, so we're pleased!
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

So how come he wasn't given his choices first time round but can now suddenly swap it in?? Pleased you managed to get it sorted though :D
Last edited by Midget Man on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Ha ha, I bet they're having a quick rethink on their policy of choosing options in Year 8, scarlett, now that they're faced with the prospect of you hounding them for another year :P.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

KS10. Do you only get two options? That must have been hard. I thought it was bad enough with five. DG
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Yes, MFL is compulsory for most but not history or geography. Oops, no, he has 3 :oops:! He's chosen Spanish, history and drama. I forgot that he's doing both French and Spanish.
moved

Post by moved »

Talking of numbers, DS will have 15 and an AS by the end of this summer! Daft really.

Early ones
French (yr 8, school/our choice, so he didn't forget)
German (yr 9, school policy)
RE (1/2 yr 9, 1/2 yr 10)
Stats (yr 10, top three sets)

Yr 11
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
Geography
English Lang
English lit
Music
Latin (double)
Russian

French AS (he could choose this or German AS)

Now for DD (14.5 by the end of yr 11, if she takes Mandarin. Some of hers are her own choice. She regrets giving up Latin, but couldn't fit it in!

Early
French (yr 9, school/our choice, so she didn't forget)
ICT (yr 9, 1/2, school policy)
PE (yr 10, optional)

Yr 11
English Lang
English lit
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
History
Geography
German
Spanish
Drama
Mandarin (optional, after school club)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

scarlett wrote:Ds didn't get his choices but I've been stalking the man who makes the decisions and he was told today that they have been swapped to the ones he'd originally chosen...

The usual maths and English literature / lang , double science, Chinese, history, geography, art, computing and classical civilisations . Quite a broad choice, so we're pleased!
Did you dress up as a tree and jump out on him? Or a more direct approach now he's in senior school? :lol:

DC's school gives them four options, but triple science counts as one of those and the majority do it. They don't have to do an MFL (in spite of being a having a language speciality, which I've always found odd) or a humanity, but they do have to do RS.
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Luckily, the Gcse Decision Man said he agreed with me when I said ds had been given a load of beanbag subjects. I think it did help that I dressed up as a giant cheese plant and sat next to his desk for a week.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Scarlett, have you got a virus?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Eh???
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now