They're here!

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: They're here!

Post by hermanmunster »

Belinda wrote:Herman, all medicinal...
I think the kids will leave me the sudafed nose spray!
make sure you have your own choc and vino stock!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

hermanmunster wrote:
Belinda wrote:Herman, all medicinal...
I think the kids will leave me the sudafed nose spray!
make sure you have your own choc and vino stock!
:lol:
With my kids dissolving their 1000mg effervescent Vitamin C in a mug of morning vodka whilst spooning out melted galaxy from a cereal bowl I might take Amber's advice and dig a big hole in the garden and hide. :D
Amber

Post by Amber »

Belinda wrote:With my kids dissolving their 1000mg effervescent Vitamin C in a mug of morning vodka whilst spooning out melted galaxy from a cereal bowl I might take Amber's advice and dig a big hole in the garden and hide. :D
Yeah but make sure you have some 'medicine' with you too, Belinda.

I recall after my first 'O' level my mother pouring me a very large gin and tonic (my first ever) to try and stop the hysterical sobbing which had brought the anxious neighbours round to find out what was wrong with me, assuming life-threatening injury or crazed assailant in the house. It was that exam which taught me (albeit some months later) not to listen to the boasts of others after exams, and just to go home alone, quietly and not discuss the questions. For I had beaten the boasters, but didn't know that at the time, of course.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

and in modern day times... stay off TSR afterwards!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ugh - don't remind me of the 4th chemistry A level paper last year when near riots occurred on TSR and there were 5000 likes on an FB page :?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

hermanmunster wrote:ugh - don't remind me of the 4th chemistry A level paper last year when near riots occurred on TSR and there were 5000 likes on an FB page :?
and, over the years, History, Biology, English (who can forget that) and others. Tears thinking they have done badly is easier to manage for two months than tears 'knowing' they have done badly before results are even officially out. :roll: I don't want to have to hide scissors and knives in June!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Belinda wrote: Finals, 2nd yr uni exams, A2 levels and GCSE's. :lol:
Oh, Belinda! I thought my possible (if all goes according to plan) finals, A2s and GCSEs in one year was bad enough! If you will have 4 children... :lol:
scary mum
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

scary mum wrote:
Belinda wrote: Finals, 2nd yr uni exams, A2 levels and GCSE's. :lol:
Oh, Belinda! I thought my possible (if all goes according to plan) finals, A2s and GCSEs in one year was bad enough! If you will have 4 children... :lol:
It genuinely seemed like a lovely idea at the time. In fact it was lovely for many years - until they started costing lots of money; about 16 yrs upwards. :cry:
moved

Post by moved »

Both back - DD had 3/4 of an hour with her friends to do post-exam analysis! :roll:
Needless to say it was a bad idea. Neither of them liked their papers, so time to relax and enjoy the comfort food!
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Oh my goodness, Belinda, you have got a busy household - my 3 are doing A2s, GCSEs and YR2 SATS ("easy peasy, lemon squeezy", according to DS1 aged 7) - so can only imagine what you must be feeling like!

DD2 (GCSEs) has poor vision and dyslexia and a reading age 4 years behind her peers, but after battling the school and exam boards I'm pleased to say that for every hour of an exam, she has been given an extra 15 minutes - WOOHOO!

It may not sound like much, but she always runs out of time, so these extra minutes we're hoping will made the difference between getting a C, rather than a D. She's also only do 4 GCSEs, but as we thought she wouldn't be able to do any at all, 4 is a brilliant number.

So, on August 22nd, unlike some parents who expect their children to get A* in 15 subjects, we'll be so thrilled if she passes any! :D

Please keep your fingers crossed for her.....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now