New league tables.

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
franticmum

New league tables.

Post by franticmum »

Another Gove change ... but can anyone shed any light on the implications of this. I have a daughter in Y9, about to choose her options.

It says effective from/for 2016. Does that mean those taking GCSE's in 2016 will form the first lot featuring in this new style?

As league tables are so important to schools, is it likely that they might change their options policies to reflect the 8 required GCSE's in the 3 groupings?

They also talk about the Ebac in the league tables, so sounds like he has got this in by the back door anyway. However, meeting this criteria doesn't necessarily match up with the 8 GCSE's.

I'm confused, and a little concerned as daughter has already some idea of her option choices, although not actually been through the initiation ceremony yet!

Thanks for any opinions, especially those secondary school teachers, etc.
Bobmumof3

Re: New league tables.

Post by Bobmumof3 »

New curriculum for first teaching is for current Year 8 I believe. So when they reach Year 10 it will be Sept 2015.
I'm a secondary teacher and tbh Gove is getting so much in through the back door we are working on a day by day basis!
Bewildered

Re: New league tables.

Post by Bewildered »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now