How do you stay sane and not fall out with your DC?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
twinkles

Re: How do you stay sane and not fall out with your DC?

Post by twinkles »

How spooky that someone should ask this question on the very day when I feel like I am going insane and if I'm not careful I could fall out with my DS.

Today he has had his '6th form interview' at his current school. Apparently this involved someone going to find him in his ICT class (he was meant to have the interview a few weeks ago but it clashed with a mock exam so was rearranged for last week but his form tutor was away and he didn't get the letter!) they spoke about his A level choices and he informs me that he has dropped one already!

To say I am cross is an understatement.

Taking some very deep breaths but it's not working!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Many schools are making students study fewer A levels because of the new linear specifications.

Before 2000, when modules came in, most students took three A levels.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

What does your dc want to study at university? Sometimes it helps if they know what grades they need for GCSE and A'Level. My niece wants to go into dentistry so she knows she needs to get those top grades.
I like telling my yr 7 son
" A goal without a plan is just a wish" I thought I should start early with him!
salsa

Post by salsa »

Good idea, MamaBear. That brings the future a little closer. Would visiting the universities be too over the top for a GCSE student? I think if they could do some sort of work in the fields they are interested in it would be great. They do that at Dartford, but I think you have to be on the 6th form. I think earlier would be better. Not very practical, I know.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now