Top State Schools ?

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiffinboys

Re: Top State Schools ?

Post by tiffinboys »

miltonkeynes wrote:I agree, it's not always truly representative.
A friend of mine who is divorced receives a very large monthly sum from her ex who is a barrister. She does not work but as the maintenance from her ex does not go through PAYE, she is entitled to maximum child tax credits, free prescriptions as well as free school meals and more. This is despite the maintenance being far higher than the average salary!
:evil: What sort of person this would be?
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

It's the way that the child tax credit system works. Child support payments from an ex spouse are disregarded. Bang goes my idea for linking to the free prescription card for school stats.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Eccentric wrote:It's the way that the child tax credit system works. Child support payments from an ex spouse are disregarded. Bang goes my idea for linking to the free prescription card for school stats.
Are you sure this is correct?? I mean, I'm not doubting you, I know nothing about IT (and of course hope never to) but that seems bonkers! So, if your ex husband is paying you £4,000 a month for Tarquin's maintenance you can still claim child tax credit?? Surely not!

If so, that is madness, total madness.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Yamin151 wrote:
Eccentric wrote:It's the way that the child tax credit system works. Child support payments from an ex spouse are disregarded. Bang goes my idea for linking to the free prescription card for school stats.
Are you sure this is correct?? I mean, I'm not doubting you, I know nothing about IT (and of course hope never to) but that seems bonkers! So, if your ex husband is paying you £4,000 a month for Tarquin's maintenance you can still claim child tax credit?? Surely not!

If so, that is madness, total madness.
Yes it is total madness. A bit like going a billionaire fuel allowance.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Please remember that most resident parents are not getting anything like £4000 a month and often cannot rely on it as a regular income- it is often difficult to get it accepted as income if trying to get a mortgage etc
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

this thread is now way off topic
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now