Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:18 am 

This might be of interest for the last cohort of students studying Of Mice and Men for their English literature GCSE.

http://links.nationaltheatre.mkt6628.co ... &mt=1&rt=0

Thanks Stroller for indicating to me that 'Steinbeck's writing style is renowned for careful honing and clarity'. It is indeed such a beauty! :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:06 am 

Thanks for the heads up on that, what a great idea. Its expensive though isnt it. My local showing it next week but £ 32.50 for tickets for two. :?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:32 am 

Our local Everyman shows a live streaming most Thursdays (and often an encore on the Friday). It is pricey (£17.50) but significantly cheaper and more convenient than getting down into town for 7pm during the week. DS is going to this one with a few of his friends next week. I was a bit surprised I had to tell his Engish teacher about it, though!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:13 pm 

Thanks for this info

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:34 pm 

bumblebee wrote:
Its expensive though isnt it. My local showing it next week but £ 32.50 for tickets for two. :?

Sadly, that is the problem with theatre... I would also have liked that when a play is presented live at the pictures, it is a bit less expensive than a real place at the theatre. :?

I bought today a theatre ticket to see Macbeth this winter. I nearly got tempted :evil: to buy a ticket for two different plays as the Director’s Choice caught my eye:
Purchase tickets for Macbeth and King Lear and/or Twelfth Night at the same time and receive £5 off tickets. This is part of our Director’s Choice offering, a pairing of plays that either complement or contrast with one another.

But I remembered in time the bills I will have soon to pay! :lol: :lol: