Taking GCSE privately

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Taking GCSE privately

Post by Guest55 »

Sorry - I didn't post it because it will become well-known and everyone will have met the idea ...
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

Guest55 wrote:Proud_Dad I have PMd you ...
Thanks. :)
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Proud_Dad wrote:
salsa wrote:You are probably right proud_dad. However, what do you do when the majority have already covered and learnt the syllabus? Do teachers have different approaches? I suppose they have to follow the school policy?
Well firstly if the syllabus had been finished way ahead of time I'd suggest that the teachers plan their lessons a bit differently so that this didn't happen in future.

That being the case though I'd suggest that the teacher went back over some of the more difficult topics so that the pupils could get a better understanding of them and improve their chances of getting a better grade. Then maybe try out some past exam papers together. I'd see this as preferable than introducing A-level topics to GCSE class. If some of the ultra-bright kids find this "boring" then tough!
Ee Bah Gum Lad, you've done it again and this time you have nailed it!-Straight and true-Killed the thread, for me anyway!
Last edited by Catseye on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

it is relatively easy to extend ...

why?
why not?
does it work with all numbers?
can you spot a pattern?
Could you work out a rule?
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

Catseye wrote:Ee Bah Gum Lad, you've done it again and this time you have nailed it!-Straight and true-Killed the thread, for me anyway!
Thanks for the Yorkshire vote of confidence! :)
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

For a touch of humour :D

Mathematician Eduardo Sáenz de Cabezón answers a question that’s wracked the brains of bored students the world over: What is math for?
(In Spanish with English subtitles)

https://www.ted.com/talks/eduardo_saenz ... anguage=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope that you enjoy the video and have a few good laughs :wink:

edited to add that the adjective 'bored' susmentioned describes children who do not love maths, not at all the bright and maths lovers this thread is all about!
signed by a maths lover
:D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now