COPY script

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tracy

Re: COPY script

Post by Tracy »

Thanks for your comments, very much appreciated.
My dd did not slacken her pace at all, she did continue to work hard, papers 2 and 3 confirm this.
Of course it's entirely possible that she messed up paper 1 on the day. It happens. That's why we wanted to see the copy. She could either learn from her error or challenge the grade if it was an admin/marking problem. But now we will never know.
On the plus side, it hasn't prevented her from getting the sixth form place she wanted and she's doing very well in the same subject :lol: top of the class.
The nagging thing is the ignorance and arrogance of the school and examinations procedures and the kids still to go through it all. Nothing will change unless someone causes a fuss. Me again? :shock:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Tracy - is this a state school? I would lodge a formal complaint to the Governors so this doesn't happen again.

I can't believe a Head did not know the correct procedure.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Its a state school - academy - and no, the Head told me face to face that she did not know. And added her very many years of experience. In other words she knew better than me.
The Deputy or Exams Officer didn't know either, apparently, I did speak to them too.
That's what I find so difficult to believe.
Fobbing me off or a serious problem that needs resolving? That's why I feel it needs investigating.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Look at the school's complaints policy and follow it - your probably at a point where a formal complaint to Governors is the only way forward.

Why they couldn't check is beyond me ...
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I received a reply from the Head who does not accept that a copy script can be obtained.
Head says the scanned copy becomes the original so if a scanned copy is requested it is treated as the original and therefore cannot be investigated.

Two problems with this.

The Head appears to have two contradicting sentences in the same letter. Can a student ever get a copy to be investigated and potentially remarked?
Secondly, a scanned copy becoming an original? Surely that's the point of scanning it in the first place - so that any changes can be seen.

And no apologies for the fact that my dd's request (regardless of whether it can be acted on or not) has been ignored by several members of staff.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Have checked the complaints policy.
Guess who wrote that? :roll:
Amber

Post by Amber »

I think in your shoes I would contact the exam board myself and ask the question. From where I am sitting it seems the Head is talking out of his backside and trying to cover up for a mistake made at the time. As G55 suggested I would involve the governors - it is almost certainly too late to help your own child :( but someone ought to have this cleared up before the next lot of exams which are looming.

ETA - this is a state school, right? If not you might have a slightly harder time getting access to governors but the principle remains the same.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

From: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administrat ... ut-results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Review of marking (re-mark)

When we review the marking, the script is re-marked and checked by a senior examiner and you'll receive the outcome in 30 calendar days.

If you would like a copy of the re-marked script, please ask for this at the same time.

If you are concerned about the marks of a whole class, please see extended reviews below."

It does not matter who wrote the complaints policy, the school need to follow it!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now