GCSE results date 2017

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Re: GCSE results date 2017

Post by Daogroupie »

HBS requires you to go in person with your results in order to confirm your place. Students have to queue up for a form to copy out their results on and reconfirm their choice of A levels and then requeue with the form and the results. The form and results are checked against each other to make sure each is correct.

Any spare places are then up for grabs the next day when they hold an open morning for anyone who did not apply but has good results and wants to apply.

So I really would recommend anyone who has applied to be around and not be away or else they might return to find their place had been reallocated, DG
KB

Post by KB »

The need be present does depend on the individual circumstances but unless it is incredibly important to be elsewhere it is a shame for them to miss the opportunity to collect in person. It is quite a 'thing' to do and share the experience with friends. There is a danger of it being rather can anti climax otherwise.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It is the very last thing they do as a year group after five years together.

I can't imagine either of mine wanting to miss it though of course it depends on how well you think you have done.

Some students left by the back door last year so it was good that they had that option available to them. DG
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

I agree collecting the results in person with all their friends is a big thing and we will make sure we are around when the results are released. I'm really glad RedVelvet asked the question, I was completely oblivious to what happens on the results day.

Would it be correct to assume that in terms of early GCSE results (i.e. maths taken this summer, the rest next year) it doesn't matter so much whether DS is there on the day, since it's not the 6th Form place issue yet? I will ring the school on Monday and ask, but if anyone could shed some light on this before then, I would be grateful. :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Usually Year 10 results are either posted [if they leave a stamped addressed envelope] or they get them on their return in September. Additional students on site who do not need to be there just make it more stressful for everyone - 180 students plus parents is quite enough!

I'm sure you'll be told what your school does with early entry results.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Thank you, Guest55, that's really helpful. :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
KB

Post by KB »

At the two schools 'we' have been at they were allowed to collect results in year 10, but later in the day, once the year 11s had been through. It was much less of a 'thing' and many didn't go in.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Thanks, KB. I can relate to your 'we', I think :lol:
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Thanks all, we're trying to tie things up with a non moveable event on the 21st. Will have a chat with school.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I had to rearrange some flights rather hastily this week when I realised AS and A2 results are on the 18th. That seems so late to me that I hadn't even considered the possibility it would coincide with us actually being in transit. Butterflies and clammy hands just thinking about results days.