GCSE Geography Marking 2016

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
avidskier

GCSE Geography Marking 2016

Post by avidskier »

Anyone else having issues with their grade for Geography? We got an unexpectedly low result and are challenging...
KB

Re: GCSE Geography Marking 2016

Post by KB »

Have you spoken to the Geography department as sometimes a department will decide to do this for a while cohort and as someone found in the past its better to be part of that than do it individually.
It could take them a while to go through the school's management structure before a decision is made so it could be worth holding back a little while?
If you go ahead then you might want to get a copy of the paper first - or is it course work that is the issue?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

What board was this? DG
avidskier

Post by avidskier »

It was AQA. Is it better to do it as a whole school then? We were given an impression that if the school does it it will take a lot longer to get a decision and our DD may not be chosen as being in the first cohort of remarks anyway. If we then wait and the rest are not remarked then we have missed the boat in terms of deadlines for appeal.
KB

Post by KB »

The first thing is to contact the department and see what they think. If they aren't considering it then you will know where you stand.
I'm trying to remember exactly what the problem was for the person who went for an individual remark and then the school did a group request.
You could try searching old threads or someone else may have a better memory!
I think that the school pay and that individual students can't be marked down.

However if the mark is already drastically lower than expected I guess you could decide there is nothing to loose.

( Apologies again for getting mixed up with posts on gcse & a level re-marks)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now