Theology
60%
Physics
40%

Total votes: 25

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Flamenco - it would be better if your DS sorted out something for himself - something he feels will be enjoyable and useful.

If he's asked about his w/exp it will seem better if he is able to say he sorted it out.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Hi Flamenco,

What was your son thinking, going against my advice?! :? It's not too late you know to rethink the options I gave you. I worked really hard coming up with these suggestions so I'm surprised you think they weren't good enough. :(
Flamenco

Post by Flamenco »

KES Parent wrote:Don't want to sound neurotic or anything, but cleaning toilets is a very easy way for them to pick up nasty bugs, and even worse then pass them on to you! Cheering up the twilight years sounds a lot more salubrious :)
I was only saying that partially with tongue in cheek though it would make a field day for the local papers if they find out. The north London local papers would be swarmed with headlines such as, 'Etonian King's Scholar Caught Cleaning Public Toilets!' :shock: :shock: :D :D :lol: :lol: - and such like.

But seriously, these boys, once they have donned away with their fancy tailcoats and pin-striped trousers for T-shirts, jeans and plimsolls, are game for anything. Btw a certain Etonian prince had to clean the toilets too when on a gap year in South America.
I am quite looking forward myself to visits from contingents of Etonians in a couple of decades time.
I'm sure you don't have to wait decades, madam (I assume you are madam), just click your fingers now and they'll run up to you at your service! :lol:
Flamenco

Post by Flamenco »

Guest55 wrote:Flamenco - it would be better if your DS sorted out something for himself - something he feels will be enjoyable and useful.

If he's asked about his w/exp it will seem better if he is able to say he sorted it out.
G55, this one is sorted by himself. I didn't have a finger, let alone a hand, in this. But once I came to know about it, I of course, gave him my fullest support.
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Flamenco wrote: But seriously, these boys, once they have donned away with their fancy tailcoats and pin-striped trousers for T-shirts, jeans and plimsolls, are game for anything. Btw a certain Etonian prince had to clean the toilets too when on a gap year in South America.
I am quite looking forward myself to visits from contingents of Etonians in a couple of decades time.
I'm sure you don't have to wait decades, madam (I assume you are madam), just click your fingers now and they'll run up to you at your service! :lol:
I don't care what they do in South America which is well away from me! It is only when my DCs or other people's bring their germs near me that I have any objection.

BTW, I hope you're not implying that I am already in my dotage, and therefore qualify for Community Service visits from the young gentlemen. :shock:
Flamenco

Post by Flamenco »

KES Parent wrote:BTW, I hope you're not implying that I am already in my dotage, and therefore qualify for Community Service visits from the young gentlemen. :shock:
No, indeed quite the opposite. Young Etonians love to follow in the footsteps of their celebrated alumnus, 007 James Bond, in coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress. :wink:
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Flamenco wrote:No, indeed quite the opposite. Young Etonians love to follow in the footsteps of their celebrated alumnus, 007 James Bond, in coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress. :wink:
Aah, now that's more like it. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now