White Paper

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymix

White Paper

Post by medwaymix »

I don't know if anyone has read this yet, I was alerted to it by a teacher friend. But apparently the government want to bring the funding of college students and school students in line for A Level. Schools get £280 more per student than Further Ed Colleges, rather than give Further Ed more they are going to bring down the amount that schools get. For a school with 300 students in the sixth form that's £90k less. :roll: There are lots of "extras" that school sixth forms do that colleges don't and I am sure that's where the additional funding goes. I would be very unhappy if school sixth forms were just involved with exams. Sixth forms in my area are involved with voluntary work, Duke of Edinburgh, competative sport, creative arts, supporting younger students in their own schools and in primary schools and so on. I have heard in other areas some schools have lessons in budgeting, basic cookery, ethics, debating etc. These do not lead to exams, but in my book are important in preparing for life.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now