AS /A2 Mocks

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
goinggetstough

AS /A2 Mocks

Post by goinggetstough »

Do your children have mocks for AS and A2 in the Jan/Feb before the real exams in the summer? We were looking at a possible sixth form that doesn't have mocks as it says it takes away teaching time and is difficult to fit into the timetable. I find this strange or am I old fashioned and this is now the norm. It almost seems to me that due to retakes the first time is sometimes used as a mock as they can always retake.....
hermanmunster

Re: AS /A2 Mocks

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - interesting question! I think things have changed since I was at school and the only "A level" exams were at the end of the second year. So plenty of time for mocks - in our case March of lower 6th and November of Upper sixth.
The A levels course now is punctuated by modules in January and June of each year - dependent on subject the pupil may be doing formal exams each time. TBH they hardly seem to be studying for any length of time before the next exam comes along... :roll: Many teachers will set "exam questions" in class and these will help the pupil to know how they are doing - probably as much as formal mocks used to.
Guest55

Re: AS /A2 Mocks

Post by Guest55 »

The departments I have worked in used full paper 'mocks' but not in a formal week of exams.