Personal Statement - Thank you.

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fran17

Personal Statement - Thank you.

Post by Fran17 »

I posted this here because the original post had been moved to the correct section and I didn't want the people who gave such good advice, to miss it. Many, many thanks to all the extremely helpful comments regarding how to put together a Personal Statement. My eldest son has been struggling with this very important document. However, having read through your comments, he knuckled down and seems to have put together something he is pleased with. He has given copies to three of his teachers who have given him some helpful hints and suggestions. He is well on his way to coming up with the finished article. Phew! THANK YOU!!!! :D :D
Moonlight

Re: Personal Statement - Thank you.

Post by Moonlight »

Hi Fran17, my daughter is writing her Personal Statement for Sixth Form at the moment and, although she is getting a lot of support from her school, it would be really nice to read some of these helpful comments that you refer to. It would be good if you could let me know what area the comments have been posted in or what you felt was most relevant and helpful to you. :)
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Hi Moonlight, look under 6th Form a bit further down the list and you will find a post called 'Personal Statements'. Unfortunately, my son wasn't receiving a great deal of support from his school. He handed in a first draft of his Personal Statement before the summer holidays and when he got it back in September his form tutor had put in a full stop and a capital letter??? No comments or helpful suggestions. After reading through the suggestions given it seemed to motivate him and enable him to structure his PS. When he spoke to a few of his A' Level teachers they offered to give him their input, which was great. He now feels confident that what he has produced is along the right lines. Good luck to your DD! :D
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Thank you for your quick reply Fran17. If I had scrolled down a little further myself then I would have seen where these comments had been posted! Never mind.

My daughter is writing her Personal Statement for Sixth Form entry at the moment rather than University but there's some really good info that we can certainly use now. Thanks again.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I think this may be the thread. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 62#p256162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

It never ends does it Moonlight, entry into Senior School, 6th Form, University and then we can only hope they get a job. I am still amazed by the advice so freely and kindly given on here! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now