University Offers

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fran17

Re: University Offers

Post by Fran17 »

I didn't mention this before because I didn't want to bring down the tone of the thread because you all had such wonderful news. As some of you may know from some of my previous posts, my DS1 submitted his UCAS application to his head of six form ages ago who held on to it for a couple of weeks and then said it was fine to go. We wondered why we hadn't had an acknowledgement from UCAS and when my son approached the Headmaster about it last week, he still had it! :shock: :roll: :x Anyway, we had a confirmation from UCAS to say they had received it on Monday and he has had two offers, thankfully from his two favourites which would be his first and second choices. I am so relieved. This is only at the offers stage, what will I be like when it comes to results day!

None of you are allowed to disappear from the forum! I will need you to chat to! :D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Fran that is absolutely shocking.....such a shame, but thankfully he's got his first two choices....well done. Is one of them Oxford Brookes ?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

His teachers said his PS was very good and I think it somehow got put aside, whilst all his friends kept getting theirs back for alterations. I was very cross to say the least but I didn't want to be cross in front of DS as I didn't want him to worry. I didn't think he would hear anything before Christmas so we are very pleased.

We haven't heard from Oxford Brookes yet. Have you? :D
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Great news, Fran - glad the delay with the PS didn't cause too many problems in the end. I get really cross when I hear about things like that happening. The systems for dealing with UCAS applications should be foolproof...it's not as though futures are depending on it or anything... :roll:

LFH - offer from first choice is wonderful, lets hope the backup choice comes through soon. Update from us is that DD did get an interview invitation from RVC so now has two to bone up for over Christmas. :lol: She hopes to hear from the other two in the new year, but this is the furthest she's ever got with the process so fingers crossed.
Marylou
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

That's wonderful news Marylou! We can relax a little going into Christmas! :D

What happened with my son's UCAS application was very annoying, so we are relieved he has had some offers.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Great news Marylou, hope all goes well :D We now have our insurance choice offer as well, so that's a relief , phew
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now