Anyone heard from CRGS?

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Re: Anyone heard from CRGS?

Post by moved »

Minesatea wrote:Oh no, DD wants to take A level Spanish. I wasn't aware that CCHS didn't offer it.
It is available, from this year at standard level in the IB. But DD doesn't want to take IB as she doesn't want to take post-16 science as she has no flair in that area and feels that the science/maths end of the IB would take up the majority of her time, leaving far less room for her to enjoy history, English and languages.
moved

Post by moved »

Interview done. She loved it and the school.

Thanks for your support.
moved

Post by moved »

DD still hasn't been offered a place and is now back to being stressed about it. :roll:
I'm dreading university applications!
KB

Post by KB »

Did they give her a date for decision?
Could try calling the school office and asking when the letters are going to be sent out.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

The school website has now been updated. It is abit confusing though as it states that the sixth form size is 360, implying two years of 180, but elsewhere it says 60 day pupils and up to 15 boarders which combined with the 100 existing pupils is only 175.
DS says that on the cut off day for internal pupils only 80 had submitted AS options! There may have been some frantic form filling in going on late that day but possibly some have other plans. Presumably if not all internal students stay these places are offered externally?
We met several girls at the open evening who were not offered places last year until August.
KB

Post by KB »

There wont necessarily be equal numbers in year 12 and 13 - for many years the intake grew each year so year 12 was bigger than year 13.

I think it is unusual for more than a handful of current students to go elsewhere.
There could be some who come August don't make the grade but generally if that looks likely then they would have been advised to make alternative provision well beforehand.
I guess the girls getting offers in August are more likely to be external places that were originally accepted but then people change their minds at the last minute.

We heard about now but that was a few years ago.
If it were me I think I would wait until the last week of this term and then call the school office for an update - at least then you will have a better idea before the holiday.
moved

Post by moved »

Her friend hasn't heard either. I don't think it is a problem as they had record applicants this year. I'm hopeful for a positive response and the waiting is good practice for later (although, the stress directed at me could do with being reduced :? ). If she isn't offered a place she can stay at CCHS or go to KEGS, although she was offended by the attitude of some of the KEGS boys at open evening so may well not go if offered a place.
KB

Post by KB »

Not sure the waiting gets any easier :(
Hope she gets news soon for the sake of your sanity at least :wink:
moved

Post by moved »

Well, she's in! Lovely offer of 4As and a B. Celebrations this weekend. :D
Amber

Post by Amber »