6th Form Entry Requirements

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

6th Form Entry Requirements

Post by KS10 »

Thought we could have a thread on the entry requirements for 6th form. It's not intended for discussion purposes, but rather a list of establishments and their minimum requirements.

I'll start the ball rolling with Parmiter's.

- minimum qualification required for each of the subjects
(for Maths, there is an additional test that all potential students will have to sit in September based on the GCSE syllabus and the summer work)
- a minimum of 36 points in their six best full-course GCSE results (A*=8, A=7, B=6, etc.)
- students are normally expected to have at least a grade C in English and Maths.

DS looked at the following areas as he is not sure about his fourth subject:

Maths & Further Maths - A*/A in the Higher Level GCSE paper and an A* for Further Maths
French - A*/A
Physics - A or AA in Double Science
Chemistry - AA in Double Science / A in Triple Award Chemistry
Biology - AA in Double Science / A in Triple Award Biology
Theatre Studies - A*-B if GCSE Drama has been studied otherwise a similar grade in an English exam
(The subjective nature of the practical exam at GCSE can lead to individual disappointing grades being given consideration.)
History - Grade B in English
Government & Politics - Grade B in English

Option blocks don't exist until they know the number of students interested in each subject. There are roughly 40 external students and I believe these are extra places - someone please correct me if I've misunderstood that. Apparently these extra students are necessary to make the provision as flexible as possible.

Hope that helps.

PS: We did go to St Dominics Sixth Form College too, but I wasn't paying too much attention.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now