Results coming soon

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Re: Results coming soon

Post by moved »

Lost my post from earlier. DS off to Bristol and very pleased.

DD made Bristol too. Gap year first. She's looking at French and history at Oxford and wondering if she can study whilst taking a full time CELTA course and teaching English in Madrid or just to stick with Liberal Arts at Bristol.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Missed this thread earlier, how did I manage that!

A long, nervous and stressful two week wait in this house with dd waiting for her results. Back up plans made, alternative courses researched, important emails/phone numbers noted etc and it all ended with a blood curdling scream at 7.10 this morning when dd got a welcoming email from her first choice uni. She's off to Leeds.

Thought everything was calm and order was restored until I read this thread now I'm worried about the accommodation. Must get her to check everything's in order there :shock:

Well done everyone's dc's :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

moved wrote:Lost my post from earlier. DS off to Bristol and very pleased.

DD made Bristol too. Gap year first. She's looking at French and history at Oxford and wondering if she can study whilst taking a full time CELTA course and teaching English in Madrid or just to stick with Liberal Arts at Bristol.
Well done to both :). I have to say that the 'DD' part of your post makes me think of those Logic Puzzles, though ('...so who owns the zebra?) :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Congratulations to all who have managed to secure a place at their chosen universities. Best wishes to you and also to those who didn't get their first choice.
Amber

Post by Amber »

moved wrote:Lost my post from earlier. DS off to Bristol and very pleased.

Full time CELTA is very full-on; DD worked very hard for those 6 weeks and wouldn't have had time to do anything else at all.
Gap years rock - should be compulsory in my view. :wink:
And why go to Oxford when she can do a fabulous, progressive course at Bristol? Just my view. :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Reckon Oxford can be very prescriptive in courses so another vote for Lib Arts here - enjoy the gap year and have a great time at Bristol.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

DS has a place at Durham to read physics :D

This was his first choice, so very happy. He had about 6 back-up plans up his sleeve, but was pleased not to need them!
KB

Post by KB »

Well done to all those who are happy with results and very best wishes to everyone who is picking themselves up and finding a different way ahead.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Ditto KB
xx
moved

Post by moved »

So many great stories for clearing this year. One girl wasn't offered a place at her chosen uni when she applied, she failed to get the grades for her firm/conditional but got a place at her favourite through clearing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now