MORSE at Warwick? Anyone know anything

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KB

Re: MORSE at Warwick? Anyone know anything

Post by KB »

Oops! Think solimum and I posted simultaneously.
Haven't been comparing notes - honest ;)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

OR - operational research - is a bit like D1.

I think he needs to read the course and PM me if he does not know what some of the stuff is!
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

I'd also say Warwick - MORSE is very well known and Warwick ranks alongside Cambridge for maths. But obviously would want to be comfortable with some statistics and OR (=decision maths as Guest55 has said) - though I suspect they would be part of a maths degree anyhow. Durham is rather less highly ranked for maths, but does have a high reputation for economics. Plus if Warwick was his first choice, then he might well be happiest there - the course overlap with his original choice I am guessing would be quite high.

He should probably just go with his gut feeling and then not look back!
moved

Post by moved »

Highly biased here. I took Management science which is MORSE by a different name. All the same modules. OR was the best subject ever. Problem solving is fantastic!
Minesh

Post by Minesh »

Truly a huge thank you Guest 55, KB, Catseye and all others for responses
Forum not always seen in good light but I have full confidence in replies from informed persons

very useful :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

moved wrote:Highly biased here. I took Management science which is MORSE by a different name. All the same modules. OR was the best subject ever. Problem solving is fantastic!
I don't mean to inject too much frivolity at this serious time, but when I was at university (LSE - before it became the kind of place people die not getting into and before it started this bizarre 'we will contact you again in two months, to tell you that there will be another month's delay due to unforeseen circumstances before we will even look at your application' :evil: ) the OR dept had a sort of internal open day. The main thing I remember was that one of the attractions of OR was that it would teach teach you how to work out how long you were likely to have to wait for a bus. Brilliant stuff, but I'd already changed courses once and I thought I might not be flavour of the month with the registry if I tried to do it again, so I carried on with Population Studies.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx