Tiffin Girls 6th form

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
catcool

Tiffin Girls 6th form

Post by catcool »

I appreciate this thread is well and truly passed 11 + but is any one out there waiting to hear from the school about whether their daughter has a place in the 6 th form for September 2009..
We sent an application in last November and were told we would hear by January/ February.Was told would be a delay as they had received over 300 applications for just 40 places for external candidates. We heard nothing but then received a letter inviting my daughter to the school to meet with the staff to discuss her A level options.
Then told we would hear by Easter. Girls who were not invited to meeting received letter saying they would not be considered further.
I now understand we will not hear until after Easter break. Seems a long time bearing in mind Tiffin Boys have sent out offer letters to external candidates for places in their 6th form.
runningmum

Post by runningmum »

Might be worth posting this in the 'beyond 11+' section as well.
catcool

Tiffin Girls 6th form

Post by catcool »

Good point running mum . I have posted there as well.
runningmum

Post by runningmum »

They're probably waiting for references from the current school before making their decision. You can imagine that it won't be high on the list of priorities for the current school - no school likes to lose clever pupils to a rival independent or grammar.