Medicine Qualifications

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jemima

Post by jemima »

asdguest these sights were fantastic thanks - they've put my mind at rest. My son is very independent and tends to inform us after the event so i was panicking slightly. he had entered the choral scholarship without us knowing and had researched it all etc. says he was only state school pupil at audition! Loopylou, thanks, yes it is a choral one at St Johns so he has checked with them and they are happy with chemistry, biology, English and music along with BMAT of course. Just got to get those grades now. Hermunster really sound advice thanks - he is a pretty good all rounder so just needs to put in final efforts now.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

good news jemima ....

Singing at St John's and training in Oxford ......

he really has got the best of both worlds, he'll have a great time!
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Hello Jemima :)
Good luck to your DS! St John's isn't a choral foundation, so he'll still have to work hard, but it's a lovely college and I'm sure he'll do well.
Loopy
Waiting_For_Godot

Re: Medicine Qualifications

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

Not sure where to post this but there were quite a few members who wanted to know how Flamenco's son got on with is Med School applications and I cannot remember who you all were :oops: and it would take me too long to pm everyone.

Flamenco's son, having gained an exceptionally high BMAT score, has accepted a place at a London Medical School. His current A'level results are excellent and he already has an A* in his further maths and is likely to get at least two more out of his four a'levels.