UCAS Waiting

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jemima

UCAS Waiting

Post by jemima »

I remember 7 years ago waiting for 11+ results. Now were waiting for results of university applications and it's just as painful. They still seem so vulnerable even though they're 6ft 1 and hairy. Still got get through interviews, auditions and rejection! Anyone else going through this?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

not at the moment, Miss yoyo is now in final year. But I do so understand ( even though she wasn't 6 ft 1 and hairy!)

Master Yoyo has his own individual life plan ( we are still waiting to find out what it is!)
KB

Post by KB »

Yep :)
Think Cambridge interview is closest to 11 plus stress but at least there is possibilty of the pool if they mess up the first one!
At least with the others my DD doesn't have a strong preference.
Hope all goes well for you!
jemima

Post by jemima »

It seems more involved than when we were young, they take it so seriously. Having said that I turned down a place at Cambridge to go to London because my boyfriend was going to London. (haven't told my kids that!). It's difficult to know whether I've been 'ineterested' enough and given enough guidance whilst really believing he's old enough to sort these things out for himself. Good luck to everyone else. At elast with the younger ones I'll feel I've more experience - I got more laid back with eleven plus (or actually I think it got worse!!!!! aaaagh)
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

Hi Jemima - yup - I've got one of those 6'1", hairy with size 11 feet things too :) He was all bound for Oxford.....but I'm so glad that he found some other universities that were just as good if not with better medical programs (for him anyway) than Oxford. More of a waiting game......
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Good luck to your hairy six footer! You'll be an expert in all this by next year. :wink:
Marylou
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Echoing the Good Luck!
Oldest son in Lower 6th, so I am trying to understand 'how it all works' now as I am a complete novice!
Best of luck for the interviews, let us know how it all goes! :lol:
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

Waiting to hear 11 plus appeal result was nail biting, but waiting to hear back from med school after interview was even worse - I thought I was going to explode!

I echo those best wishes for all chasing the postman, and their children checking on track every day for news.
another mother

Post by another mother »

Yes Good Luck.. But I am sure if you're on this forum you have 'been interested enough'! It is a very fine line by this stage (well we're at year 11 and sixth form changes/choices) in terms of letting them fly and not hovering - and making sure they have actually ticked all the boxes.. Not sure (as addiction to this site shows!) that I shall EVER be very good at letting go and certainly not at worrying while waiting for the postman.

Fingers crossed for you!
another mother

Post by another mother »

I meant Not worrying of course - would be lovely not to worry at all!